Are you excited to be done with your orthodontic treatment? If so, don’t forget your retainers! Retainers are needed for many people after orthodontic treatments because they help keep your teeth from moving out of the ideal alignment. Retainers are useful to keep your teeth looking beautiful and straight.
Our orthodontist, Dr. Jacob Spendlove, cares about your oral health and is happy to help you with your questions and concerns you may have after treatment. That is why our team at Orthodontics, Inc. in Flagstaff, Arizona, is here to assist in any way we can.
Here is a list of intel on retainers for your teeth and how they can help you:
– Retainers have been shown to be beneficial in situations where poor oral hygiene and oral health are present. They can even have several benefits in relation to diabetes.
– Try to aim for wearing your retainers while you sleep and perhaps even longer.
– To lower your risk for cavities, make sure your retainers keep your teeth straight.
– People that have speech impediments tend to notice a marked improvement with retainers in place.
– Retainers are essential for keeping your teeth straight after you have received orthodontic care. With retainers in place, they can make sure teeth do not revert to their original positions.
– In some cases, retainers have been shown to help people sleep better due to their effects on minimizing snoring and aligning your teeth and jaw.
If you still have questions about retainers, or if you wonder you might need one, please call our office today at (928) 774-0881 to make an appointment with a friendly member of our team. Our team is always happy to assist you with your questions and retainer needs.